Click here to submit feedback or report a bug! For bug reports, please check the Known Issues below to see if we’re aware of the bug prior to submission. For feature requests, please check the Upcoming Features section to see if it’s something we’re already planning. Thank you for helping us test Fraymakers!
Fraymakers has come a long way, but we’re not finished yet! All animations, art and assets (especially the menu!), menu design, sounds and balancing should be considered a work in progress. In this section, you can find a list of bugs that we’re already planning to fix in future updates.
Before Early Access Launch
- Controllers may be prone to glitching if you turn them on after the game has already been opened.
- Current reverb settings make some words a bit hard to hear or understand.
Menus and Modes
General Menu Issues
- There are rare sequences of menu inputs that can result in crashes. We are able to reproduce some of these issues, but please let us know if you figure out how to cause a crash consistently.
- Additional testing for rollback netcode.
- Up and Down Special have some general funkiness that we plan to iterate on and clean up.
- Using an attack at the same time as you bounce on the spring during online play can cause a desync.
After Early Access Launch
- If you crouch, hold backward and spam the crouch input the characters will move but retain their facing direction.
- Frame perfect dash dancing causes the character to skip the pivot frame.
- Rarely, you can land multiple times at the front end of a horizontally moving platform.
- Grabbing uses port priority to determine who is grabbed if multiple players are hit on the same frame. It should base it on distance from the player instead.
- When a character transitions from crouch to walk, they are forced to complete walk_in in the direction they were facing before turning around.
- If you jump while pushed all the way to the edge of a platform, you can sometimes fall past the edge on the way down.
- If you airdash out of shield with the right stick (set to airdash in controller config) you can airdash at analog angles.
- Airdash out of hitstun can sometimes incorrectly give you a small vertical boost.
- FPS can drop when manually maximizing game (we recommend adjusting your viewport using the graphics options).
- Rapid jabs should work with mashing in addition to holding the button.
- Character specific assists create lag spikes.
- If a grabbing character’s ECB is too wide they will slowly slide backward in the grab hold state.
- More intensive CPU improvements.
- Point lights incorrectly appear on top of foreground objects.
- Song overlay on match start is missing.
- If a playable character selects a palette, the assist version of that character should not be able to pick the same palette.
- Match start doors don’t respect color blind mode.
- VFX and damage HUD should finish their animations on match end.
- Player slots are not maintained between selection screen and match if you don’t include P1.
- Offscreen indicator palettes are not updated when sprite palette changes.
- Offscreen indicators can appear to not properly center character visuals.
- Successful parry uses a placeholder effect.
- Some assist renders are misplaced on the match start doors.
- Some older hardware configurations may experience graphical glitches with lights. If this happens to you, try disabling lighting effects in the gameplay options menu.
- Emotes are currently disabled.
- Countdown needs a corresponding visual – voice lines appear to not match up to the time currently (even though they technically do).
- Spike voice line can sometimes play incorrectly as a result of an attack with an auto link angle.
- First blood voice line can sometimes play incorrectly.
- If you go into overtime, the “time/game” voice lines at end of match begin to play and are cut off by the “overtime” voice lines.
- Announcer volume sliders are missing from the sound menu.
- Lots of planned voice lines missing pending implementation!
- Voice lines on character/assist select are dictated by port instead of cycling through.
- Nintendo Switch Pro Controller
- If you plug a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller in while it was already registered on Bluetooth, you get a duplicate port and you control both. Make sure to disconnect your controller from Bluetooth if you plug it in!
Menus and Modes
- Some online menu informational categories are not properly functional.
- You can hover over two buttons at once using a mouse and keyboard/gamepad.
- Backing out of the menu doesn’t highlight the previously selected button.
- Mousing over buttons should not cause the click sound effect to play.
- Master volume slider missing from sound menu.
- Missing option to disable background animations.
- Buttons which open hyperlinks (news, bugs and feedback, social media links on start screen) currently do not navigate you away from the game if you are in fullscreen.
- Text is off center on the info menu asset.
- Navigating between menu buttons on controller is too sensitive.
- Custom content is not loaded unless you open the game through the start screen.
- Rumble functionality is missing.
- Dash button should be renamed to “Walk” if you have Auto-Dash enabled.
- Controls option to change what neutral airdash input does (currently defaults to airdash forward).
- CPU level selection functionality is rudimentary / WIP.
- Missing ability to toggle palettes by clicking the character render with cursor/mouse.
- Stage title drop shadow is slightly misaligned.
- Pressing F11 on the selection screen silently activates a keyboard port without lighting anything up.
- Character/Assist/Stage buttons currently do not show a hover graphic.
- You can toggle other port’s profile/info icon with your cursor.
- Doors can sometimes show players in the wrong ports during 3+ player matches.
- There is currently no pushaway logic for tokens.
- Menu ecosystem is very rudimentary and WIP.
- Quick Play
- Missing a cooldown to prevent you from matching with the same player repeatedly.
- On rare occasions quick play can fail to match you with a player. If you think this is happening, back out and hit the quick play button again.
- Steam name missing from doors.
- If a desync occurs and one person ends the match before you do locally, your screen will freeze until the other person leaves the room.
- There may be a “phantom” desync console print after a hitch in a match with poor connections.
- You can mouse over and pick up hidden tokens for closed ports on the selection screen.
- In game HUD
- Doesn’t alpha tween in rollback.
- Assist charge graphic can rarely become stuck in a weird-looking fully charged state if it gets rolled back.
- Steam name missing.
- If you connect to a room right as Steam goes offline, you might not be properly locked out of online buttons, resulting in some mildly weird behavior. You can correct this behavior by restarting the game.
- Under rare circumstances, the second port can be activated on the selection screen in online mode. If this happens, you can work around the issue by exiting and re-entering the mode.
- Summoning assists can sometimes cause hitches when using rollback online.
- Downloading very large custom content on match start can sometimes time out.
- Missing features and functionality.
- Rainbow trail
- Visuals WIP.
- Doesn’t disappear when you are in a grabbed state.
- Sized incorrectly on frame 1 of animation state change.
- Tweened instances of the trail appear jagged in game.
- Missing fade at end of trail.
- Down Special
- Doesn’t receive a teams outline.
- Side Special
- Incorrectly changes states when parried and you release the special button.
- Endlessly slides into walls.
- Up Special
- Doesn’t receive teams outline.
- Ambient lighting does not apply to the front layer of the cannon.
- Some of Octodad’s sprites have outdated visuals which are planned to be updated.
- Are currently missing palettes (uses garbage colors for now).
- Doesn’t disappear after final stock in FFAs.
- Boosted up strong vfx uses a placeholder visually stretched version of the normal vfx.
- Hitting with an airdash into aerial then using up special to teleport during that aerial’s IASA frames will cause Orcane to experience additional land lag after the teleport.
- Select throws should use ammo (it won’t affect gameplay unless you get hit out of the throw but will feel cool).
- Double jump projectile destroy animation should continue downward movement while playing when decaying in air.
- Airdash from the ground doesn’t use ammo.
- Ammo meter bounces when he gets a bullet by hitting an opponent. It should only bounce on full recharge.
- Bullet casings and reload sound inappropriately play when wavedashing using the wavedash button.
- Being hit by your own reflected projectiles refills the ammo gauge.
- Neutral Special
- Balloon should flash a bit before timing out.
- Spawning assists can cause hitches on lower performing machines.
- Hit detection can be a bit funky.
- Character sprite preemptively leaves if you hit with the song wheel early.
- Characters affected by Captain Viridian’s gravity do not properly loop their jump_loop state while rising (they currently hold their last frame).
- Delicious Fruit cannot be reflected.
- May slow down rollback online.
- Shadows are missing from the pillar.
- Pillar should destroy when unattached from ground.
- Pillar should blink before self-destroying.
- You can jump upward through ceilings if you call a pillar right under one.
- Please don’t use pizza’s paint on a custom stage with a slope we’re begging.
- The Brush’s outro has a baked in white flash which briefly disrupts palette swaps.
- Can fail to grab properly.
- Can restart his punch animation if you hit the grabbed enemy in some situations.
- Sunburst is missing from the cut in.
- If you hit an item, you cannot hit it again while it is in knockback.
- Items do not work well with auto link angles.
- Missing anchor shaking animation.
- Lighting system is not yet fully implemented.
- Tweened symbols do not respect pivot points.
- Origin point should be represented by a fixed-size crosshair graphic.
- Navigating the library using the keyboard doesn’t update previews.
- Selecting a frame on a locked layer (or the locked layer itself) should not allow you to edit the object on the stage.
- Your cursor can get stuck in the corner of edge resize visual (tab out and then back into the application to fix in the meantime).
- You should be able to deselect a selected object by either pressing esc or left clicking an empty portion of the stage.
- If you use ctrl + click on a keyframe to deselect something, you lose the ability to select anything on the stage until you select something on the timeline again.
- Multiple layers paste in the wrong order.
- Pasting multiple collision box layers sets the collision box type to “None”.
- Detection radius on draggable points is too small.
- The properties panel only responds if you move your mouse between clicks.
- The stage’s scroll bar can sometimes appear inconsistent.
- Publish time should use seconds if applicable.
- Properties text panels don’t extend horizontally with additional screen space.
- Rarely, objects can become non interactable.
- Double clicking a negative number only highlights the digits.
- Moving keyframe positions with your mouse by clicking and dragging should clear the keyframe’s previous position.
- If you create an animation with a duplicate name, save and close the entity and reopen, you get a visual glitch where a bunch of duplicate names show up. If you delete one, close and reopen they’re all gone.
- Changing the value in a properties field then selecting another object should save the value change.
- Exporting a large file doesn’t give you an immediate indicator that you are publishing.
- When you copy a palette the “base costume” toggle should automatically turn off.
- Palette preview tool breaks with sprites over a certain size.
- Setting alpha to zero currently doesn’t work (use a number very close to zero for a temporary fix).
- Numbered assets are not sorted correctly in the library if the numbers have different digit counts (for example, assetname_2 will show up after assetname_15).
- Positioning a grabbed character’s grabholdpoint across the origin flips them.
Content and features that we’ll be adding during the tester phase!
Before Early Access Launch
After Early Access Launch
Content and features that we’ll be adding during Early Access!
- The Watcher (Slay the Spire)
- Ultra Fishbunjin 3000 (Slap City)
- Plus 3 more characters before 1.0, and at least one additional DLC character!
- Lady Luck (Dicey Dungeons)
- Rockman (FTL: Faster Than Light)
- Shopkeeper (Downwell)
- Stardrop (Indie Pogo)
- Super Hexagon (Super Hexagon)
- Plus 25 more assists before 1.0!
- Hazard versions for all stages (including The Spire!)
- FamilyJules Backyard song
- Plus 9 more full stages before 1.0!
Single Player Modes
- Training mode features
- Target Test
- Ranked Matchmaking
- More advanced lobby options (passwords, kicking, etc.)
- Spectator Functionality
- More match options
- Match Modifiers
- Expanded screen shake functionality
- Super Attacks
- Performance settings
- FamilyJules Fraymakers Theme cover
- Cleaned up designs and additional functionality for most menus
- Tile Support
- Onion skin support
- The ability to edit multiple frames at the same time
- Enhanced auto-hurtboxer
- Auto-generate PNG sequences from GIFs
- Update notifications
- Update prompt for plugins
- Support for reflection layers on stages
- Quality of Life Updates
- Inter-asset clipboard functionality
- Ctrl/Alt/Shift key support for transformation tool
- Library search bar
- “convert to frame by frame” function for tweens
- Customizable hotkeys
- Double click layer name to rename
- Ability to click and drag layers to reposition
- Indication of open files in library
- Size indicator for stage
- Option to automatically load assets upon project open
- Ctrl Shift paste to paste contents at center of screen position
- Enter key to toggle timeline playback
- Surface error when duplicate animation names exist
- Option to have color picker persist when making palettes
- Ability to choose a background on stage of palette creation screen
- Option to have panels’ positions persist between tabs
- Ability to set an image to the position 0,0 by right clicking
- Glyphs for different ease types on tweens
- Ability to cancel mid-publish
- Ability to jump stage position to origin
- …and more!
- Tomamoto Announcer Pack
- Alpharad Announcer Pack
- Credits Game
- Switch Port
© 2023 Team Fray | McLeodGaming Inc.