McLeodGaming and Team Fray
Press / Business contact:
The Fraymakers Kickstarter campaign concluded in late 2020, raising $364,922 for further development. Early Access is scheduled to release in early 2022.
The Fraymakers team first met through working together on Super Smash Flash 2, McLeodGaming’s free Smash Bros. fangame. SSF2 has grown from its modest beginnings in 2007 into the largest fangame of its kind, with over 500,000 plays on a weekly basis and peak daily plays of over 1,000,000. Our core team honed their skills at every aspect of platform fighter development through over a decade of passionate, unpaid work. With Fraymakers, we’re looking to leverage our expertise in the creation of an extremely ambitious, polished platform fighter.
- Rollback Netcode - If you’ve been a part of the fighting game community over the past few years, you know that rollback is the gold standard for fighting game netcode. We’ve prioritized and designed around rollback from the outset of development, meaning that Fraymakers will provide the smoothest possible online experience.
- Assists - Choose from a massive selection of indie characters to unleash an attack, fire a projectile, buff your character, inflict a special status effect, and more!
- Infinite Expandability - We designed both the game and our custom content editor to be accessible and powerful. We want the process of creating your own content to be simple and fun. Whether you're a player or a creator, this means that the possibilities are endless.
- Full Movesets - With over 80 animations per character, we've skipped nothing! Each character comes complete with every motion and attack you've come to expect from a platform fighter as well as some brand new techniques.
- Beautiful Sprites - Every character, assist, and stage is sprited and animated by hand. We've made it our goal for every aspect of our visual presentation to be polished and cohesive.
- Easy to pick up, hard to master - Fraymakers is designed to be friendly to new players and challenging and expressive for veteran players. You’re going to have a ton of fun whether you want a quick round with your friends or you’re looking to climb the leaderboards.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Programming Lead, Owner - McLeodGaming
Game Design Lead, Outreach, Communications
Art and Animation Lead
Game and Web Programming
Art and Animation